JOIN OUR FORUM!

Talk about anything and find out what other people think. Only as registered user you can start new topics and become part of our community.

When wiper motor ne...

Notifications
Clear all

When wiper motor needs replacement.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
HenryC
(@henryc)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone.

I would like to share with you my experience in case you face similar problem.

I have Honda Civic 2006 and had a problems with wipers. I decided to replace wiper motor after thorough investigation of symptoms. If you have Honda Civic 2005 - 2011 you can use this video tutorial

on how to replace the motor. Sometimes it is hard to figure out on your own all steps necessary to do this. I replace this motor within 2 hours after watching mentioned video. Try Amazon to buy your part and do-it-yourself to save $300.

Anyways, if you experience these two situations it means that your wiper motor is done. First, it can intermittently work, meaning when the wiper switch is turned on, the windshield wipers may activate, and run for a random amount of time. This may happen at random, or change with a bump. Lastly, the windshield wipers could show no signs of activity, indicating motor failure.

We are living in BC and have rain all the time and believe me that driving with erratically working wiper when pouring is big pain in the butt.

ChrisL
(@chrisl)

I had Honda Civic before and I tell you that this is reliable vehicle. There are few things I would change about it but in general I loved the car. Good on gas which is so  important nowadays and driver friendly. Thanks for sharing info about wiper motor.

ReplyQuote
Share: