- B.C. man not guilty of stabbing his wife as he was 'effectively asleep,' court ruleson 2 February 2023
A B.C. man who stabbed his wife in the back with a kitchen knife has been found not guilty because he was in a state of automatism, a term […]
- Boxes of books by Black authors bring more representation to Victoria-area schoolson 2 February 2023
A local community group has assembled boxes of books by Black authors, featuring Black characters, to lend to elementary teachers in greater Victoria […]
- B.C. announces new funding program for accessible taxison 2 February 2023
The B.C. government announced new funding Wednesday for taxi companies to make their fleets more accessible for people with disabilities.
- Cultural items belonging to Nuxalk, Gitxaala Nations to be repatriatedon 2 February 2023
The Royal B.C. Museum in Victoria, B.C., has agreed to return a totem pole to the Nuxalk Nation, which filed a lawsuit against the museum a year ago […]
- Const. Nicole Chan inquest jury recommends better communication between doctors, changes to VPD policyon 2 February 2023
Chan took her own life four years ago after filing a complaint of sexual assault and extortion against a supervising officer.
- 5 Prince George Mounties charged in death of Indigenous manon 1 February 2023
Two RCMP officers in Prince George, B.C., have been charged with manslaughter in connection with the 2017 death of an Indigenous man, Crown […]
- MPs vote unanimously to urge Canada to resettle 10,000 displaced Uyghur peopleon 1 February 2023
Members of Parliament have unanimously called on Ottawa to start a refugee program to resettle 10,000 Uyghurs fleeing persecution in China.
- B.C. launches new payment model for family doctorson 1 February 2023
B.C.'s new payment model for family physicians came into effect on Wednesday, giving doctors the option to do away with the old fee system reported […]
- Premiers optimistic about national health deal, as B.C.'s Eby floats side meetingson 1 February 2023
British Columbia Premier David Eby says he's optimistic about next week's meetings with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and other premiers about […]
- Wreck Beach is more popular than ever. But it's leading to increased emergencies and safety concernson 1 February 2023
Metro Vancouver staff say increased emergencies and public safety incidents at the isolated swimming beach are stretching resources thin.
- World Volleyball Beach Pro Tour Elite16: DAY 1 | Court 2 - Dohaon 2 February 2023
Watch as some of the world’s best in beach volleyball battle on Day 1, Court 2 at Aspire Park for the World Volleyball Beach Pro Tour Elite16 in […]
- World Volleyball Beach Pro Tour Elite16: DAY 1 | Court 1 - Dohaon 2 February 2023
Watch as some of the world’s best in beach volleyball battle on Day 1, Court 1 at Aspire Park for the World Volleyball Beach Pro Tour Elite16 in […]
- VanVleet's 2nd career triple-double not enough as Raptors' comeback falls short against Jazzon 2 February 2023
Toronto Raptors point guard Fred VanVleet had his second career triple-double with 34 points, a career-best 12 rebounds and 10 assists, but the Utah […]
- Maple Leafs fall to Bruins in final game before all-star breakon 2 February 2023
Pavel Zacha scored twice in the third period as the Boston Bruins surged past the Maple Leafs 5-2 on Wednesday night in Toronto.
- How women affected by oppression within hockey are fostering changeon 2 February 2023
CBC Sports senior contributor Shireen Ahmed examines how systems of racism, homophobia and other forms of oppression thrive in hockey, but how the […]
- Mukluks make the difference in snowshoeing at the Arctic Winter Gameson 2 February 2023
Every athlete on the Team Yukon snowshoe team won a medal this week. Most relied on family-made footwear.
- This all-Black team changed history — but the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame eludes them againon 2 February 2023
The All-Stars made Canadian history in 1934 when they defeated the Penetang Shipbuilders in the Provincial Ontario Baseball Amateur Association […]
- 'Culture has a role just as big as sport' at the Arctic Winter Gameson 1 February 2023
As athletes and participants at the Arctic Winter Games in Wood Buffalo, Alta., square off against each other in competitions, they're also finding […]
- Family beams with pride as son leads N.W.T. futsal team to 2 victories in 1 dayon 1 February 2023
Team captain Tanaka Muwirimi's hero — his dad — was in the stands Tuesday as the N.W.T.'s U16 male futsal team won 2-0 against Alaska and 13-2 […]
- Solving safe sport crisis requires buy-in from all levels, says integrity commissioneron 1 February 2023
Six months after Canada's new Office of the Sport Integrity Commissioner began hearing cases, Sarah-Eve Pelletier said those are a couple of black […]