- Outhouse closures create a crappy situation for travellers on Yukon highwayon 23 September 2023
The Yukon Government has closed three public outhouses along the North Klondike Highway. One unhappy resident calls the facilities 'one of the basic […]
- Is the housing crisis pricing out the skilled newcomers Canada wants to attract?on 23 September 2023
Canada remains an in-demand destination for newcomers, but the country's affordable housing crisis and high inflation are causing some to raise […]
- An asteroid treasure box lands on Earth on Sunday — and Canada will get a piece of iton 23 September 2023
A spacecraft that has travelled more than 950 million kilometres is dropping off a care package on Sunday: samples from an asteroid that lies more […]
- Climate news is often depressing. But as a behavioural scientist, I know I can't wallowon 23 September 2023
It’s easy to fall into a doomscrolling trap when reading about climate news. For Jiaying Zhao, she’s realized she can lean into her area of […]
- Some of B.C.'s oldest citizens get 'royal treatment' at Centenarian Day celebrationon 23 September 2023
Seniors gathered at a nursing home in Burnaby, B.C., on Friday to mark National Centenarian's Day — a day to celebrate those who have lived over a […]
- Every fish in B.C.'s Emerald Lake may have to be killed after signs of rare parasite detectedon 23 September 2023
Parks Canada says it is investigating a suspected case of whirling disease in Emerald Lake, in B.C.'s Yoho National Park.
- West Fraser selling Quesnel, B.C., pulp mill to Edmonton-based companyon 23 September 2023
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. has signed a deal to sell two pulp mills in Western Canada to Atlas Holdings for $120 million US ($162 million Cdn).
- Cooler heads, looser purse strings at UBCM help province appease municipal leaders — for nowon 23 September 2023
It's been a busy few weeks of the government taking action (or promising to take action) on issues municipalities have been complaining about for […]
- B.C. Premier suspects Ottawa holding on to information about foreign interferenceon 22 September 2023
British Columbia Premier David Eby says he "strongly" suspects the federal government is holding back information that could help the province […]
- South African firefighters say goodbye with a final performanceon 22 September 2023
215 South African firefighters bid farewell to B.C. on Thursday evening in Prince George with a celebratory dance, ahead their country's Heritage Day […]
- Canada's women's soccer team blanks Jamaica in opening match of last-chance Olympic qualifieron 23 September 2023
Goals by Nichelle Prince and Adriana Leon gave Olympic champion Canada a 2-0 win over Jamaica on Friday in the opening game of a two-legged Olympic […]
- Hockey coach accused of sexual assault testifies in own defenceon 23 September 2023
Former junior hockey coach Bernie Lynch, accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old player in 1988, presented an alibi while on the stand at his […]
- Atlanta's Acuña Jr. becomes 1st player in MLB history with 40 homers, 60 steals in a seasonon 23 September 2023
Ronald Acuña Jr. joined baseball's exclusive 40-40 club Friday night by hitting his 40th home run of the season for Atlanta to go along with his […]
- Team World's Shelton, Cerundolo claim opening wins at Laver Cup in Vancouveron 22 September 2023
Team World made it two in a row on Friday night, with Ben Shelton and Francisco Cerundolo claiming wins at the Laver Cup in Vancouver.
- 3 things to watch this weekend in Canadian sportson 22 September 2023
CBC Sports' daily newsletter offers up three things worth following this weekend for Canadian sports fans.
- Flames' Russian defenceman Nikita Zadorov speaks out against Putin, war in Ukraineon 22 September 2023
Calgary Flames defenceman Nikita Zadorov has spoken out against Russia's invasion of Ukraine and says he and other Russian NHL players couldn't come […]
- Canada's Dabrowski, partner Routliffe reach women's doubles final at Guadalajara Openon 22 September 2023
Ottawa's Gabriela Dabrowski and partner Erin Routliffe of New Zealand advanced to the women's doubles final of the Guadalajara Open with a 6-2, 7-6 […]
- Blue Jays' Guerrero Jr. back in starting lineup for series opener against Rayson 22 September 2023
Blue Jays slugger Vladimir Guerrero Jr. returned to the starting lineup Friday for Toronto's series opener against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Buoyed by ace, Europe rallies to cut deficit against U.S. after 1st day of Solheim Cupon 22 September 2023
With the help of a hole-in-one, a hole-out from the fairway and a chip-in, Europe rallied against the United States after being swept in the opening […]
- Manitoba's Turner to become 1st woman to play in regular-season U Sports football gameon 22 September 2023
On Saturday, Maya Turner will be dressing for her first regular-season game of her U Sports career when the Bisons face off against the University […]